I am Tiffany Bown - a woman who has navigated infertility, a mother of three, and women's health Yoga teacher, Qigong teacher and Reflexologist passionate about helping other women reconnect, heal and find their own true way.
My own healing journey - and my interest in natural approaches to women's health and well-being - began nearly 20 years ago when I went through my own four-year fertility journey before the birth of my first child.
This deeply painful experience was the gift that set me off down my own long road of healing and discovery and motivated me to train as a women's health Yoga teacher and therapist.
I regard myself as living testimony to both the power of nature to nurture and restore harmony, good health and fertility and of the value of integrating the strengths of Western and complementary medicine.
I am English, but I lived abroad for 20 years after studying Chinese at Cambridge and then moving to China. I worked first as a journalist, then set up and ran a catering company. During 10 years in China, I discovered the wonders of acupuncture, Chinese herbs, Tuina massage and even Yoga. I was not drawn to Qigong at that point.
I left frenetic Beijing in 2000 and went to live in a big, old farm house in the green middle of nowhere in central Italy for 11 years. While in Italy I had my three children, trained to be a Naturopath and Reflexologist and deepened my Yoga practice. I studied Iyengar Yoga in Florence with lovely Gabriela Corsico-Piccolini for 8 years. I was then blessed to meet MogaDao founder Zhenzan Dao and to discover first MogaDao Yoga and then the beauty and healing power of MogaDao Qigong.
I have lived with my family in Cambridge, UK, since September 2011. Returning to the UK has given me the chance to study with some other extraordinary teachers (see My Qualifications) and so to further hone my skills as a women's health Yoga teacher, Qigong teacher and Reflexologist.
Here are the qualifications that support me in my work as a women's health Yoga teacher, Qigong teacher and therapist:
- Yoga Alliance Professionals registered Yoga Teacher (Chartered Level 1) and Pregnancy Yoga Teacher.
- MogaDao Yoga teacher and Qigong teacher (Guide level) and women’s Sacred Daoist Sexuality Instructor. I have studied with MogaDao founder Zhenzan Dao since 2009.
- Naturopath and Reflexologist, certified by the Istituto di Medicina Naturale in Urbino, Italy, where I studied for four years, qualifying in 2006. I have since had specialised training in Reflexology for pregnancy and for fertility.
- Birthlight Pregnancy Yoga and Fertility Yoga teacher. I studied with Birthlight founder Francoise Freedman.
- Womb Yoga teacher, having trained with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli.
- Fertile Body Method (FBM) therapist. I studied this hypnotherapy based mind-body therapy with FBM founder Sjanie Hugo Wurlitzer.
What others say ...
“Tiffany's Women's Circle is unique ... I leave feeling profoundly moved in body and spirit with a deep sense of well-being,”
- Ashley S.
"I have been going to Tiffany's Yoga and Qigong classes for a year and am so pleased to have found this lovely teaching style and such a dedicated and skilfull teacher. I come away from classes feeling calm, energised, strong and supple. I also really enjoy the friendly atmosphere created in the classes."
— Mary G.
"I have just started yoga - aged 51 - and it is a revelation. I have ankylosing spondylitis and have worried my body wouldn't cope with certain positions… Tiffany treats everyone and every body as an individual… She has endless patience and a keen eye… It is treasure. Thank you."
— Sophie W.