I am Tiffany Bown - a woman who has navigated infertility, a mother of three and women's health Yoga teacher and Qigong teacher passionate about helping other women reconnect, heal and find their own true way.
My own healing journey - and my interest in natural approaches to women's health and well-being - began nearly 20 years ago when I went through a four-year fertility struggle before the birth of my first child.
This deeply painful experience was the gift that set me off down the road of healing and discovery and motivated me to train so I could help other women navigate and transform their own life challenges.
My own journey motivates me daily to share with others the power of nature to nurture and restore harmony, good health and fertility.
I am English, but I lived abroad for 20 years after studying Chinese at Cambridge. First, I moved to China, where I worked as a journalist and then set up and ran a catering company. During 10 years in crazy, polluted, fun Beijing, I lived in a way that destroyed my health, but then I discovered the wonders of acupuncture, Chinese herbs, Tuina massage and even Yoga (strangely not Qigong at that time).
I left frenetic Beijing in 2000 and went to live in a big, old farmhouse (now available for holiday rentals and Yoga retreats) in the green middle of nowhere in central Italy for 11 years. While there, I had my three children, trained to be a Naturopath and Reflexologist and dropped more deeply into Yoga.
I first studied Iyengar Yoga in Florence with lovely Gabriela Corsico-Piccolini for eight years. While still in Italy, I then meet MogaDao founder Zhenzan Dao and discovered MogaDao Yoga and Qigong.
I moved back to the UK in September 2011 and have since lived in Cambridge with my family.
Since being in the UK, I have been fortunate enough to study with some extraordinary teachers, most notably Francoise Freedman of Birthlight and Damo Mitchell of Lotus Neigong.
This has deepened my passion for my work in helping other women to heal and blossom with Yoga and Qigong.
My Vision of Female Health
My own fertility journey sparked my passion for supporting women navigating the stresses of daily life or facing their own particular struggle. This may be with some life event, some health issue - including fertility, menstrual, menopausal and gynaecological issues - or with their sense of well-being as a woman.
My own experience convinced me that the origin of much of our female dis-ease (however it manifests) is disconnection from the source of our power.
As women, we naturally embody the rhythmical flow of nature through the turning of our menstrual cycles (whose echo remains after menopause). This cycle is a gift that teaches us when to ebb and when to flow - when to retreat and restore and when to push ahead with busy activity.
Embracing this cycle connects us to elemental nature and is the source of our well-being and power as women.
But most of us live in a linear way, pushing on in the same way each day. And dismissing our cycle as a burden, our blood as shameful and our hormonal shifts as making us weaker than men.
What actually weakens and harms us is this disdainful attitude towards our female reality.
And the only way for us women to step into our true power - and into vibrant, fertile, dynamically good health - is to embrace our natural cyclical way as good and valuable and to fall back in love with our cycling female bodies.
This will not only benefit us as individuals. When enough of us honour our feminine essence, we'll start an irrepressible revolution that will bring true gender equality.
These qualifications support me in my work as a women's health Yoga teacher, Qigong teacher and therapist:
- Yoga Alliance Professionals registered Senior Yoga Teacher and Pregnancy Yoga Teacher.
- Lotus Neigong Qigong Instructor. I was lucky enough to train intensively with Lotus Neigong founder Damo Mitchell on the last-ever three-year Qigong intensive taught by him personally. As a Level 1 Lotus Neigong Instructor, I am qualified to share the school's incredibly grounded, rounded and far-reaching foundational syllabus, as well as its series of women's practices.
- Birthlight Fertility Yoga, Well-Woman Yoga and Pregnancy Yoga teacher. I have studied with Birthlight Founder Francoise Freedman over many years. Her unique and inspiring approach to Yoga is one of the major influences on my own practice and teaching.
- Womb Yoga teacher, having trained with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli.
- MogaDao Yoga teacher and Qigong teacher. I studied with MogaDao founder Zhenzan Dao from 2009 to 2014. I am deeply grateful and indebted to him for opening my eyes to the cyclical energies of the Five Elements, to how they turn within us and to how their rhythms can bring even greater depth and meaning to the practice of Yoga.
- Naturopath and Reflexologist, certified by the Istituto di Medicina Naturale in Urbino, Italy, where I studied for four years, qualifying in 2006. I have since had specialised training in Reflexology for pregnancy and for fertility.
- Fertile Body Method (FBM) therapist. I studied this hypnotherapy based mind-body therapy with FBM founder Sjanie Hugo Wurlitzer.
Life has taught me we can’t turn a downward health spiral around with quick fixes, like popping pills. Even longer-term solutions like exercising or taking care to eat ‘well’ rarely get to the heart of the matter. Poorly considered regimes may even make things worse.
True healing is a journey of reconnection. And this journey takes time, self-responsibility and commitment.
I'd be delighted to support you on your own journey.
What others say ...
“Tiffany's Women's Circle is unique ... I leave feeling profoundly moved in body and spirit with a deep sense of well-being,”
- Ashley S.
"I have been going to Tiffany's Yoga and Qigong classes for a year and am so pleased to have found this lovely teaching style and such a dedicated and skilfull teacher. I come away from classes feeling calm, energised, strong and supple. I also really enjoy the friendly atmosphere created in the classes."
— Mary G.
"I have just started yoga - aged 51 - and it is a revelation. I have ankylosing spondylitis and have worried my body wouldn't cope with certain positions… Tiffany treats everyone and every body as an individual… She has endless patience and a keen eye… It is treasure. Thank you."
— Sophie W.